Newbie flock member

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bchicky, Apr 18, 2011.

1. bchicky

bchicky New Egg

Apr 18, 2011
    Hi everyone,

I am new to the flock. My husband and I got 10 Australorp chicks at a nearby feed and seed store last Wednesday afternoon. The owner was there and showed us her flock of Australorps and my husband was sold. I have been researching chickens for a while (found byc on a search engine) because we just moved to an area where having chickens is a good thing and I have wanted fresh eggs for a while. My husband and I have 2 boys (17&11) and 2 inside cats, and 4 large goldfish. Currently I am a stay at home mom and my husband is a plumber. So far we like having chickens. I am amazed how peaceful I feel while interacting with them. I am looking forward to learning from everyone. [​IMG]

2. [​IMG]

You'll LOVE having chickens for the rest of your life! And here's a tip... When going to feed the chickens, don't wear flip-flops!!!! My Babies love to peck at my toes...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2011
  3. Oh, and one more thing...Don't go to TSC or the local feed store by yourself during Chick Days. You'll forget the feed and bring home more chicks!!

4. chickmanna

chickmanna Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2011
    Battle Ground, WA
    Welcome to BYC!!

5. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. You've come to the right place. [​IMG]

6. debby730

debby730 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2011
    Welcome! I'm pretty much brand new to the site also. I know you will have lots of fun with your new chickens.. I have a couple of hens I hatched out from a neighbors flock. they seem very sweet. My first experience with them. Debby

7. chickflick247

chickflick247 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2011
    Wilton, CA
    [​IMG] from CA [​IMG]

8. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Hesperia,Ca [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu