Newbie from British Columbia!

tobilon

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 18, 2011
I've been lurking around this site for a while, and I just made an account recently. I've loved dinosaurs since I was little, so when my parents first mentioned getting chickens, I held them to it. I had an old shed in the backyard stacked with things we never use, so my dad and I cleaned it out and turned it into a coop. I bought my first chickens in May, and I'm really glad I did! I spend at least an hour with them daily, drawing them or feeding them veggie scraps.
I have 12 chickens. I first bought two silkies (they were supposed to be pullets, but one turned out to be a little boy). Then I bought two australorp hens, a wyandotte roo, and three mix breed pullets. It turned out those pullets were all little roos. After, I bought four RIR hens.
Now I have to give up a few of my boys and get a few more hens because it's just too much for the poor ladies. I'm kinda sad about it, but it needs to happen.

I don't want to say I'm an artist, but I am an art kid. I go to a fine arts school, and I'm hoping for a career in either video game concept design, storyboarding, or 2D animation. I love storytelling, so making a graphic novel has always been a dream for me. Now, since I'm graduating this year, I've decided to make one for my portfolio. And it's about my chickens! I'm going for a Milo & Otis sort of feel, so there's going to be a lot of adventuring! Perhaps I'll post some progress drawings on here sometime.
smile.png

I'm also interested in video games, fantasy novels, anything medieval-esque, dragons, and cartoons.

Back
Top Bottom