1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

Newbie from British Columbia!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tobilon, Aug 24, 2011.

1. tobilon

tobilon In the Brooder

Aug 18, 2011
    I've been lurking around this site for a while, and I just made an account recently. I've loved dinosaurs since I was little, so when my parents first mentioned getting chickens, I held them to it. I had an old shed in the backyard stacked with things we never use, so my dad and I cleaned it out and turned it into a coop. I bought my first chickens in May, and I'm really glad I did! I spend at least an hour with them daily, drawing them or feeding them veggie scraps.
    I have 12 chickens. I first bought two silkies (they were supposed to be pullets, but one turned out to be a little boy). Then I bought two australorp hens, a wyandotte roo, and three mix breed pullets. It turned out those pullets were all little roos. After, I bought four RIR hens.
    Now I have to give up a few of my boys and get a few more hens because it's just too much for the poor ladies. I'm kinda sad about it, but it needs to happen.

I don't want to say I'm an artist, but I am an art kid. I go to a fine arts school, and I'm hoping for a career in either video game concept design, storyboarding, or 2D animation. I love storytelling, so making a graphic novel has always been a dream for me. Now, since I'm graduating this year, I've decided to make one for my portfolio. And it's about my chickens! I'm going for a Milo & Otis sort of feel, so there's going to be a lot of adventuring! Perhaps I'll post some progress drawings on here sometime. [​IMG]

I'm also interested in video games, fantasy novels, anything medieval-esque, dragons, and cartoons.

2. cat1994

cat1994 Songster

Sep 12, 2010
    Southeast MO
    [​IMG] from MO

3. MSDeb

MSDeb Songster

Welcome, glad you decided to join. You sound very talented!

4. Symphony

Symphony Vanilla, Little Airt Airt

[​IMG]

5. Amigo

Amigo Songster

Jul 13, 2011
    Your house!
    [​IMG]

6. weimarmama

weimarmama Crowing

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Lots of good luck [​IMG]

7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Crowing

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. Good luck. [​IMG]

8. NonnasBabies

NonnasBabies Muddy Acre Farms Premium Member

Sep 20, 2009
    On the Farm!
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!!

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Crowing

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas, tobilon! [​IMG] Glad you joined our community! Wow - you have some really varied interests. [​IMG] Best of luck with your birds and your future!! [​IMG]

10. Cold Canadian

Cold Canadian Songster

Jun 19, 2010
    Manitoba Canada
    [​IMG] been here a while and love it , Manitoba Canada

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by