Newbie from Central Texas....

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Kokamo, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Kokamo

Kokamo New Egg

Nov 27, 2011
    Hello from Central Texas! Liberty Hill, to be exact. I was just wanting to say howdy and say thanks for the wonderful site. Lots of info here for sure. I wish this site was around about 7 or 8 years ago when I had my first ever small flock.....had about 6 of them we raised right out of the incubator....then about 5 months later they all got slaughtered by local wildlife because of my unpreparedness. At that time I lost interest, but here I am so many years later and looking to start over. As of now, I've almost finished my near bullet proof coop. It's about 15' long by 8' wide and about 8' tall and is snake proof, fox proof, dog proof, coon proof, opossum proof, hawk proof....don't think much will get in this one...it's built like a tank with welded wire and all. Heck, it even will have an electric fence around it by this afternoon. All I need to do is get the laying boxes lined out. I bought a laying box for pigeons, but I will modify it so it will accommodate hens....looks like each box needs to be slightly wider. Going to do that today and go pick up some 3 month old pullets. Looks like I'll get 4 Rhode Isladers, 4 Plymouth Rocks, and 3 or 4 Easter Eggers....would also like to pick up 2 Silkies of some sort in the future.

Again, great site, and so much to learn!

~Joe

2. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp

4. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    Hi and welcome from Austin. Glad you joined us.[​IMG]

5. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

Hi Joe! [​IMG] from Washington State glad you joined us!

6. D3invertebrates

D3invertebrates Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2011
    Brookshire, TX
    [​IMG]

7. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG] from Waco,Tx

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

9. CheerioLounge

CheerioLounge Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    California High Desert
    [​IMG] from Twentynine Palms in the California high desert. You'll find BYC folks are very friendly and always eager to help. Enjoy!

10. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Also from Austin, howdy.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by