Newbie from East Tn

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by bacpacker, Sep 30, 2011.

1. bacpacker

bacpacker Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2011
    Hello folks, Just joined up today although I've been lerking and learning for several months now. There is a ton of info on here and I am having a great time learning from you all.

Just a bit about my flock. I just got started with chickens back in April. I purchased 12 day old Buff Orpington's (supposedly all Buff's). As it turns out I ended up with 9 Buff's 2 RIR's and 1 White leghorn. He didn't show his colors for about 3 weeks.
    They are in a chicken tractor right now although the final coop is under construction. I hope to be done with that by the end of Oct. I built it big enough (10x12) to handle up to 30-40 birds if I decide to increase the flock size. It also has room in it to hold 2 55 gallon drums for their feed. The rainwater off the roof will be captured in a 300 gallon plastic tote which will be used for the chickens and garden.
    We just started getting eggs last Friday, so we are excited about that.
    Back to work

2. Nmarine1057

Nmarine1057 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2011
    Byhalia Ms
    Hi neighbor and [​IMG] from MS I like your idea about the rainwater very cleaver I can't wait to see pics of your coop!! Glad you decided to join us, I love this forum lots of knowlede here!

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  3. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! Thanks so much for joining us!

[​IMG]

4. bacpacker

bacpacker Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2011
    I'll try and get the few pics up of the construction once I figure that out here. I assume you just need to run them thru something like photobucket and upload from there? Or can you download straight to the site?

5. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    [​IMG] from Texas

6. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas, bacpaker and:welcome. Sounds like you have a really good set up going! Best of luck to you! [​IMG]

8. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and [​IMG]
    You can upload photos directly onto the site, but you will have to post a few times first (15-20 posts, I think), so you're not so new anymore.
    Your coop sounds great, like the rainwater collection:thumbsup

9. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. Congrats on the new eggs. [​IMG]

10. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by