Newbie from East Tn

bacpacker

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 30, 2011
Hello folks, Just joined up today although I've been lerking and learning for several months now. There is a ton of info on here and I am having a great time learning from you all.

Just a bit about my flock. I just got started with chickens back in April. I purchased 12 day old Buff Orpington's (supposedly all Buff's). As it turns out I ended up with 9 Buff's 2 RIR's and 1 White leghorn. He didn't show his colors for about 3 weeks.
They are in a chicken tractor right now although the final coop is under construction. I hope to be done with that by the end of Oct. I built it big enough (10x12) to handle up to 30-40 birds if I decide to increase the flock size. It also has room in it to hold 2 55 gallon drums for their feed. The rainwater off the roof will be captured in a 300 gallon plastic tote which will be used for the chickens and garden.
We just started getting eggs last Friday, so we are excited about that.
Back to work

Hi neighbor and
welcome-byc.gif
from MS I like your idea about the rainwater very cleaver I can't wait to see pics of your coop!! Glad you decided to join us, I love this forum lots of knowlede here!

Last edited:
I'll try and get the few pics up of the construction once I figure that out here. I assume you just need to run them thru something like photobucket and upload from there? Or can you download straight to the site?

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif

You can upload photos directly onto the site, but you will have to post a few times first (15-20 posts, I think), so you're not so new anymore.
Your coop sounds great, like the rainwater collection:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom