Newbie from El Paso TX

Im c curious two crows have you ever sprouted grain to feed
I don't do the commercial bagged feed and make my own. But inevitably you still have to add a supplement of some kind for them to get all they need for good health. Constant laying drains a hen quickly. Meat birds won't grow well without proper feed.

You might have a look see in the Feeding your Flock section here on BYC. Lots of people into fermenting feeds and growing fodder for their flocks....

http:// your birds. How old would they have to be. What about vitimins and electrolytes in the water and egg shells for calc. It wadnt that long ago one had to make their own feedwww.backyardchickens.com/f/12/feeding-watering-your-flock

Good luck!

Im c curious two crows have you ever sprouted grain to feed
Quote: I have never tried sprouting grains. But I hear they are very good for the birds. I do make my own feed, but I am still experimenting with it. I started last early summer, late spring and have not really been happy with my concoctions. I do feed them tablescraps and meat scraps along with my feed. I grind oystershell into powder in a grain mill and add it to my feed mix so the hens are getting atleast 3% calcium. I use the Farmers Helper Ultra Kibble for a supplement of vitamins, minerals, probiotics, etc...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom