Newbie from Flagstaff, AZ

jhammond

Chirping
10 Years
Jun 6, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Hi,

We have been reading the forums for a few months now and just got around to introducing myself. We have found some great information on this site. My husband and I built the "Daisy" coop designed by Clean Coops. We are adding a "chunnel" and cattle panel hoop run next.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Yes, we are new to chickens. We bought 15 day old chicks and they arrived March 20. We have never had chickens but I had calves, goats, lambs and hogs when I was in 4-H and FFA back in the late 70s.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 14 and we are moving them outside to their new coop tomorrow. YAY!!! If we ever get chicks again, we will buy them later when its warmer and they can be kept in another space besides our living area. Live and learn ;-).

(3) What breeds do you have? 5 Buff Orpingtons, 5 Barred Rocks, 4 Australorps

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com? Internet Search

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? Vegetable gardening, working out and travel

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. Married, no children, one cat and we both work at NAU.

Julie

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sounds like you will have a nice little flock. Think everybody is more than ready for spring to get here this year so the chicks can finally get outside.

images

Welcome to BYC!

You picked some very nice breeds to keep! All very friendly and docile birds. Great layers too.

If you have any questions about anything, that is what we are here for. Enjoy your new babies and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom