Newbie from Gnadenhutton oh

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by 1luckycluck, Dec 12, 2011.

1. 1luckycluck

1luckycluck New Egg

Dec 12, 2011
    I have used this site for a while and FINALLY took the time to register. I live in Gnadenhutten OH (pronounced "jen-a-den-hutten") and started keeping chickens four years ago. My husband and I weren't too sure we would like it so we didn't want to spend any more $ than necessary. I found a shed on-line that was free if we picked it up. My husband got out his sawz-all, sectioned it for moving and then rebuilt it. We used old dresser drawers for the nesting boxes and tree limbs for roosting. We had old fencing for the yard.
    I put out the word and a friend's friend had 7 RIR that were older but still laying and he wanted rid of them. We got those for free. I have been hooked since.
    Those lovely ladies finally stopped laying and went to chicken heaven. Since then we picked up another free shed, better suited for keeping the hens warm in winter.
    Now I have 5 buff comets, 2 RIR and 4 black stars but all are of varying ages so only three of the comets are laying. I am seriously thinking of beginning to sell my eggs to the local diners and small grocers so I decided it was time to join your flock:lol:

We have 4 sons (15-21 yrs), 1 grandson (1 year), 2 mutts, 1 cat, an african gray named sabrina and 2 geckos.

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

3. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

4. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    [​IMG] from Long Island!

5. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Hello, from the Big Bear mountains of Ca. Glad you found us. [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan [​IMG]

7. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from North MS!!! So glad you decided to join our flock, [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Look forward to seeing you around! [​IMG]

8. TheJuan-n-Only

TheJuan-n-Only Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2010
    Tampa
    "joined the flock" [​IMG] hahahaha Welcome!

9. Linn Bee

Linn Bee Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome to the BYC gang. Those little feathered things sure are addictive aren't they? As you know if you've been checking the site out for a while, this is THE PLACE for anything fowl.

Love, Linn B (aka Smart Red) * * * Nesting with 5 Australorp and 5 Lt. Brahma hens plus 'The Count of Monte Cristo' - or Monte for short - one beautiful, well-behaved, hard-working, Australorp rooster, in south-est, central-est Wisconsin.

10. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow! I thought I was good at making the best with what I could get. You win! Welcome from Austin, Texas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by