Newbie from Idaho!

atomicblue

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 25, 2013
Idaho
I'm new to keeping chickens, it can't be that hard. I have three bunnies...the chickens will probably be less less needy than the bunnies are!! We have a temporary coop from CC Only. The reviews are right, they are well thought out, yet use crappy wood. I'm priming and painting mine. I'll use the paint sprayer to paint, brush painting takes FOREVER.

We have 24 Cornish Cross meat chickens, that are 3 weeks old, and taking over! I also have 6 Rhode Island Red, that are all named Henny Penny. Two silkies, which are adorable and full of attitude...named Blondie and Dagwood. Blondie is white, Dagwood is black. We're ordering a coop from Green Chicken it'll be here in 7 weeks. Until then they'll have to make do with the smaller CC Only coop!

I have a question, I'd like to tell the CC Only story and add it to the coop page. How do I do that, is that an "article"? Thanks!!

The infamous CC Only coop....we bought it before we read all the "no don't buy it" reviews.
It'll become a bunny run after the "real" coop arrives!

Dagwood!

Henny Pennies, Dagwood & Blondie.

The bonifide coop, insulated, and has power. Yes! It's $1,450. but when your husband works full time, and has 30+ employees...and they let you make 3 payments. It's worth it.

The bunnies that will take over the CC Only coop (after I clean it liberally!) after the Green Chicken coop arrives...they're kind of spoiled, can you tell?

Ruby, my German Angora (yes I spin yarn), Rainbow, and Smokey Joe. Smokey Joe is a boy, so we keep them seperated!

welcome-byc.gif
The new coop will be gorgeous.

Thanks! It's a cute prefab coop. Not really what we were thinking of for harsh Idaho Winters. You know how it is....you don't know how well somethings made from a photo on the internet.

Thank you!! I think it should be there. I really want to review the CC Only coop. It's okay, not super extra awesome. It's adequate.
I painted, and caulked the daylights out of it. It hasn't leaked yet! I got the CC-53 model. http://www.cconly.com/coop__hutches/cc-53_series

It says 8 hens. It's really more suited for about 4, yet hard to say!
There's 3 roomy nesting boxes, I have 6 Rhode Island Reds, and two Silkies. It was out in the rain overnight, happy to report, it's DRY inside.

We'll be moving it to it's new spot soon. It'll then have the run attatched. I'm pretty excited how the paint job turned out.

I painted it to match our house! It took 5 days, but what the heck. Who's counting?? Cute, huh?

Back
Top Bottom