Newbie From Mass!

yeddi 05

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 18, 2011
Hello Everyone,

My Name is Ron and I live in central Mass ( Worcester Area), I have just recently purchased 8 egg layers. 4 of them are approx 1 yr old and the other four are approximately 5 to 6 months old. The younger ones are not laying yet. I have three diff varieties of birds. 2 black Sex links, 3 NH reds and 3 Leg horns..I think?! I have to find out from the farm I bought them from I was excited..and wasnt paying attention when he told me lol!

I am brand new to chickens and have done a lot of reading on this site prior to buying them. I have converted a section of my 16 x 16 shed to houes the flock and used a 12 x 12 dog kennel for the outside run. So far after a week of ownership every thing is going good. Easier than I thought and glad I made the purchase!

Ron

welcome-byc.gif

Hi there! So glad you could join us -- you'll find lots of friendly people here, LOADS of valuable information, topics of conversation to keep your interest, and enough kidding around and joking to keep you amused! Pull up a comfy chair and stay a while!
caf.gif

Hi Ron, welcome!

We have a flock of 12 laying hens that are about 4 months old right now and they haven't started laying. Chickens normally lay between 5-6 months of age. We still have some time to wait. lol

My husband built a chicken coop for our girls with an attached run. We love sitting outside and watching the chickens, they're so entertaining!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom