Newbie From Mass!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by yeddi 05, May 22, 2011.

1. yeddi 05

yeddi 05 Out Of The Brooder

May 18, 2011
    Hello Everyone,

My Name is Ron and I live in central Mass ( Worcester Area), I have just recently purchased 8 egg layers. 4 of them are approx 1 yr old and the other four are approximately 5 to 6 months old. The younger ones are not laying yet. I have three diff varieties of birds. 2 black Sex links, 3 NH reds and 3 Leg horns..I think?! I have to find out from the farm I bought them from I was excited..and wasnt paying attention when he told me lol!

I am brand new to chickens and have done a lot of reading on this site prior to buying them. I have converted a section of my 16 x 16 shed to houes the flock and used a 12 x 12 dog kennel for the outside run. So far after a week of ownership every thing is going good. Easier than I thought and glad I made the purchase!

2. Arcnadius

Arcnadius Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 1, 2010
    Western WI
  3. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Congrats on your girls & good luck [​IMG]
  4. DuckyGurl

DuckyGurl Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] chickens are AWESOME!
  5. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Hi there! So glad you could join us -- you'll find lots of friendly people here, LOADS of valuable information, topics of conversation to keep your interest, and enough kidding around and joking to keep you amused! Pull up a comfy chair and stay a while! [​IMG]
  6. GLBRWyans

GLBRWyans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 12, 2011
    Central Louisiana
    [​IMG] from Louisiana .
  7. Chickencoop1996

Chickencoop1996 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2011
    southern nh
  8. emeraldcowgirl

emeraldcowgirl Out Of The Brooder

May 22, 2011
    Klamath Falls, OR
    Hi Ron, welcome!

We have a flock of 12 laying hens that are about 4 months old right now and they haven't started laying. Chickens normally lay between 5-6 months of age. We still have some time to wait. lol

My husband built a chicken coop for our girls with an attached run. We love sitting outside and watching the chickens, they're so entertaining! [​IMG]
  9. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG] from Indiana!!!! [​IMG]
  10. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by