Newbie from SC

McNugget

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Upstate, SC
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Very new to chickens. Got my first 12 birds in October 09 - 10 mature laying hen (6 buff and 4 black Orpington), 1 rooster (Rhode Island Red), 1 juvie hen (black Orpington). The rooster was a gift too because he just showed up one day and they didn't know how old he was or who he belonged to.
5 of my birds were given to me by a friend in November who was having preditor troubles, so I was greatful for the gift.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
17 hens, one rooter

(3) What breeds do you have?
1 Rhode Island red rooster, 6 Buff and 5 Black Orpington, 1 silver Ameraucana (see lays green eggs), 2 Dominique, 3 mixed or unknown

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
www.google.com

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Love birds!! all Kinds!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
family - Just me and my 2 girls (21 and 14)
other pets- 3 dogs (mixed), 1 cat, 1 parakeet, 1 cockatiel, 1 bearded dragon
occupation - computer geek

welcome-byc.gif
from SC

Welcome to BYC - guess you could say I live in upstate NC (up in the mountains that is - LOL)

Looking forward to seeing pics of your flock

..... BTW I am a computer geek too and chickens are a great distraction to get me off the pc *smile*

welcome-byc.gif
from Indiana!
frow.gif

This is my 2nd year with chickens, I currently have about 30. My favorite breeds are the Australorps, and Orpingtons. They are something else!
I'm a now stay at home mom, since my old employer decided that China need my job more than me...
I love traveling with my kids, cooking, soon canning, Will be Breeding German Sheperds in the future.. and collecting Fiestaware, and old milk bottles.
I found BYC while doing research before getting our chickens.

You'll Love it here!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom