Newbie from Syracuse (area), New York

my4ladies

Songster
9 Years
Jul 4, 2010
Hello there! My name is Mariah. This will be my first adventure raising chickens all on my own and I'm happy to find a message board that I can go to for information, ideas and sharing instead of bugging my mom. My mother has always had a little mini-farm that included chickens, even still today. I have 4 kids (and 4 furbabies, and now, 4 chicks, lol) and my oldest (8) LOVES my mom's chickens. She could spend all day in the chicken coop with the girls. So....I thought it would be a great addition to our family; a little mini-flock of 4. I have them now (6 days old). They're all named and already loved. However, one of them is not doing well, and hasn't from day 1. (Upon googling for any info I could find with what it's problem might be, I found backyardchickens.com). I'll post my question in the appropriate forum, though.

We now have an Ameraucana (Robin), Silver-laced Wyandotte (Annie), Light Brahma bantem (Charlotte) & a White Silkie (Foofy). I look forward to becoming familiar with everyone here, having fun, and gaining lots of chicken wisdom!

~Mariah

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

Check out our NY Lovers thread - lots of people in your area!!

I am in Ornage County, NY

Back
Top Bottom