Newbie from the Channel Islands

ClaireCI

In the Brooder
5 Years
Aug 30, 2014
Jersey, Channel Islands
Hello All,

I'm brand new to keeping chicken and will no doubt be shouting for help.

I have three Wyandottes who are now 21 weeks ( they joined us at 9 weeks) who seem happy and healthy but have yet to lay.

I'm hoping that now the days are drawing in that they won't keep us waiting till spring I am already checking every dy in anticipation :)

Hello and welcome!! 21 weeks? I think you're really close now!

Glad you joined. And ask away, there is really good info here! Helped us a LOT!!

Welcome again

Well my husband has started to raise his eyebrows!

We had a beautiful Blue Lace we named Geraldine who broke my hearty when at 5.30am one mooring we discovered Geraldine was actually Gerald! He had to go or my neighbours would have disowned me :(

Gerald's replacement settled with us on day one, sitting in my lap and on my shoulder like a parrot. Having been pecked and bullied by the other two she now rules the roost.

All I need now is that egg............

Well my husband has started to raise his eyebrows!

We had a beautiful Blue Lace we named Geraldine who broke my hearty when at 5.30am one mooring we discovered Geraldine was actually Gerald! He had to go or my neighbours would have disowned me :(

Gerald's replacement settled with us on day one, sitting in my lap and on my shoulder like a parrot. Having been pecked and bullied by the other two she now rules the roost.

All I need now is that egg............

Hubby knows! Lol

Sorry to hear about Gerald but Geraldine II sounds like a sweetheart! You made out alright, in the end.

Our Beethoven is like that. Read Superman in my signature. You can meet him there.

*come on egg, come on egg...*

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Yes, waiting on those first eggs can kill you. Ha! I have an adult flock that is laying, but waiting on some Barred Rock pullets to start laying and I am so anxious to find that first egg it is driving me crazy!
barnie.gif
gig.gif

They say patients is the key. So I sit and wait....
pop.gif

Good luck and I hope you start to get those eggs soon! :)

Back
Top Bottom