1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Newbie from Whidbey Island

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by nonobadog, May 31, 2011.

1. nonobadog

nonobadog New Egg

May 31, 2011
    Hi All,
    I am Bob Cadwallader. I am the current Master of Penn Cove Grange #1149 here on Whidbey Island in Washington State. I have been raising chickens for about 1 year. I got into them when one of my fellow Grangers had too many and needed to find a home for them. I have an old coop and pen that needed a lot of work, but I prevailed. I got all of my fencing and building material from the land fill and local recycling center. Two of my favorite stores.

I have used this site many times. I finally decided to take the time register. I have found it to be one of the better forums on the web and now I know why. My hat is off to the Moderators of this forum to help keep the spam and junk off of the web. Many of the forums I belong to are hard to search and find relevant information.
    I currently have 14 chickens, 2 roosters, one Buckeye and one Americauna. For hens I have 3 Australorps, 2 Americauna, 2 Rock Bards, 1 Easter Egger 1 Brahma and 3 Buckeyes. I plan on breeding the Buckeyes.

At Penn Cove Grange we are working on promoting local food sources. We are very dependant on off island food. Our local Grange is going to abtain a mobile poultry processing unit It will be fully licensed so local birds can be sold to stores and restaurants.

Bob
    [​IMG]

2. bluegoose

bluegoose Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2010
    [​IMG] Welcome Bob glad your here.yes this is a great place to hang out and the people are great. [​IMG]

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

4. typnslow

typnslow Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    New Market, Al
    Hi Bob! Welocme to BYC

[​IMG]

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama.

6. ChickyD

ChickyD Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2010
    NH
    [​IMG] from NH [​IMG]

7. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Pride, Louisiana!

9. mlward

mlward Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2010
    Tuscarora, NY
    Hi Bob [​IMG] and welcome from NY! Whidbey Island is beautiful. I lived in Bremerton for a few years and sometimes I really miss the area. Glad you joined our little (not so little!) group of poultry fanciers. [​IMG]

10. Mt. Baker Quail

Mt. Baker Quail Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 2, 2010
    Ferndale, Washington
    [​IMG] from Ferndale, Washington. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by