Newbie from Whidbey Island

nonobadog

Hatching
8 Years
May 31, 2011
Hi All,
I am Bob Cadwallader. I am the current Master of Penn Cove Grange #1149 here on Whidbey Island in Washington State. I have been raising chickens for about 1 year. I got into them when one of my fellow Grangers had too many and needed to find a home for them. I have an old coop and pen that needed a lot of work, but I prevailed. I got all of my fencing and building material from the land fill and local recycling center. Two of my favorite stores.

I have used this site many times. I finally decided to take the time register. I have found it to be one of the better forums on the web and now I know why. My hat is off to the Moderators of this forum to help keep the spam and junk off of the web. Many of the forums I belong to are hard to search and find relevant information.
I currently have 14 chickens, 2 roosters, one Buckeye and one Americauna. For hens I have 3 Australorps, 2 Americauna, 2 Rock Bards, 1 Easter Egger 1 Brahma and 3 Buckeyes. I plan on breeding the Buckeyes.

At Penn Cove Grange we are working on promoting local food sources. We are very dependant on off island food. Our local Grange is going to abtain a mobile poultry processing unit It will be fully licensed so local birds can be sold to stores and restaurants.

Bob
cool.png

Hi Bob
frow.gif
and welcome from NY! Whidbey Island is beautiful. I lived in Bremerton for a few years and sometimes I really miss the area. Glad you joined our little (not so little!) group of poultry fanciers.
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom