Newbie from Wisconsin

mrmcduck

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 25, 2014
Buffalo county Wisconsin
:) First time chicken owner got started when grandson won a chick from school 4 weeks ago now I have 9 Cornish white rock:D x broilers 2 white leghorn pullets the 1 unknown chick grandson won,4 buff orpintons pullets, 1barred rock, 2 black austerlorps,2 polish ,and 2 bourbon red turkeys;):D great s ite full of great info I'll be here a lot :):):rolleyes::cd

hi and welcome from a fellow Wisconsinite
welcome-byc.gif

sounds like u have a nice, big flock

Nice to meet you! I find it funny how one little thing such as getting one chick can open up a whole new door for us at times. Sounds like you and your grandson will be having lots of fun together raising chickens and turkeys. I can;t wait to hear about your adventures to come , especially with the turkeys because we have been considering raising a couple as well. Welcome welcome!
big_smile.png

Welcome to BYC! This is the place to be when you own chickens. You have a nice mixed flock. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed as they are very hardy, calm and gentle, and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. If you will post a picture of the unknown chick your grandson won, maybe we can identify it for you.

Sounds like you will be in for some mighty fine eating - with the Cornish, and have eggs and fun with the other breeds.
welcome-byc.gif

images

Hello there and welcome to BYC!

Enjoy all your poultry adventures and welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom