Newbie hatching basics

I’ve done as you said, a second one hatched about an hour ago! So that’s two out of four. I did quickly check the other two, as I was putting more water in and I think one has not made it and the other is still going so will just sit and be patient. I will add pics as soon as no.2 has fluffed up and can put them together in a brooder as I didn’t want one being lonely in there . This is the best thing ever! My kids are in awe too 💕
Can't wait to see how they look like!

I put my hand in and they decided to snooze on it

Attachments

• EAD9B632-56EB-48A5-9DDD-7B5B2334E47E.jpeg
    EAD9B632-56EB-48A5-9DDD-7B5B2334E47E.jpeg
    237 KB · Views: 6
Its nice isn't it?
Like they've had a little tumble dry. :)
I'm so happy this has been a good experience for you and your family.
I swear iv'e got second hand hatch afterglow lol!
Enjoy those kids, and welcome to the league of hatch addicts.
Ok so I smelt them😂😍💕 I’m in love and can’t stop looking at them!!

Its nice isn't it?
Like they've had a little tumble dry. :)
I'm so happy this has been a good experience for you and your family.
I swear iv'e got second hand hatch afterglow lol!
Enjoy those kids, and welcome to the league of hatch addicts.
It really is! I think I read too many bad stories and not enough good and started doubting myself too much. They are both eating and drinking and I’m handling them quite a lot and they snuggle into my neck when I lay down with them🙈💕
Unfortunately I have 100% got the bug and this place is like a chicken addicts haven😂😂😂

Any news on your eggs, I am just buying my first incubator so any tips would be greatly appreciated. Busy reading all the info I can on hatching etc x
Honestly just read all that you can. I was suggested to do a dry hatch as my first but I convinced myself to do it the other way. I kept it at 30% until lock down and temp all the way through at 37.5 . I candled on day 10 , 15 and then 18 then left them alone which was so hard!! Don’t forget to turn your eggs fat end up for at least 24 hours at room temperature if you get them posted, then put them in the incubator. That’s all I can say, please keep me informed from one newb to another I wish you lots of luck and it’s just an amazing process xxx

Back
Top Bottom