Newbie hello....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Lea71, May 30, 2008.

1. Lea71

Lea71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi there....I just wanted to say hello to everyone, I've been lurking around the board for a few weeks. Thanks for all of the useful info, from apple cider vinegar and DE to coop designs. Not to mention all the adorable pics!

I've wanted my own chickens for years now and after waiting for too long, I'm finally a chick mama! [​IMG] My family and I are having such a wonderful time with our chicks....they are a little over two weeks old. I just love my girls! They get so excited when I bring them their treats (all organic is my goal!). They are already flying all over their coop. After the first week of being in a kiddie pool, they started flying out....I was surprised at how fast they grow! So we had to turn the whole coop over to them sooner than I expected, we closed the door and they have the whole run of it. Now they are flying across the whole coop (its 8'X8') and up ontop of their nesting boxes. I am loving getting to know their individual personalities. [​IMG]

Again....I just wanted to say hello, I'm still working on getting an avatar and pics up. No high speed available in our area....it's a bit rural. Here's a pic of Miss Chick and Cricket....I hope this works. Thanks again![​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Lobzi

Lobzi Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi, where are you located in N. Cal? Im in the SF bay area, Richmond. It seems most on this post are from the mid-West or East coast.

3. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Thats such a cute pic! WELCOME TO BYC!!! You'll love it here! I also waited a long time to become a chicken mamma, and I am loving it! Have fun!

4. Lea71

Hi there....I live in the Coulterville/Mariposa area....about an hour outside of Yosemite Park.

Nice to meet you! [​IMG]

5. Lea71

I managed to upload a photo....this is Rosie....one of my sweetest Ameraucanas....am I spelling that right? [​IMG]

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by