"NEWBIE HERE" I NEED SOME HELP WITH QUESTION ABOUT MY BLACK COPPER MAR

~SunSetsWest~ :

Do not forget that with the huge spike in popularity of the BCM that there is alot of linebreeding and inbreeding going on, and genetics issues are starting to creep up, so buyer beware and do your research. With so many people having birds from Wade and Bev, you may be better off going outside those lines for some diversity..
(this is not meant to say that they don't have great birds, just that so many people now have them)..
Check these 2 links..

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=125795&p=1

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=161851

WOW !!! i guess im going to have to do some serious research i have asked for pics of chicks and of recent eggs is there morre i need to ask before i buy Thanks​

Thank You Everbody for all the help and advice im glad i found this forum couldent ask for more helpful people Thanks Again

Quote:
I have to disagree with this advice.
The absolute best way to screw up a breeding program is to indescriminately mate birds from various strains. If you want to seriously breed a type of fowl with a view toward improving them & consistantly producing predictable offspring you will select a strain & line breed within that strain.

True! BUT!! The problem is when so many inexpierenced people go nuts over a particular breed, buy a bunch and breed what ever to what ever with no concept or concern for the future generations, it's just about how to make a buck!!!

~SunSetsWest~ :

Quote:
The absolute best way to screw up a breeding program is to indescriminately mate birds from various strains. If you want to seriously breed a type of fowl with a view toward improving them & consistantly producing predictable offspring you will select a strain & line breed within that strain.

True! BUT!! The problem is when so many inexpierenced people go nuts over a particular breed, buy a bunch and breed what ever to what ever with no concept or concern for the future generations, it's just about how to make a buck!!!​

I can't figure out if you're agreeing with me or disagreeing with me??? The wording sounds like you're trying to say the same thing but the tone seems somehow arguementative. Puzzling?

Quote:

I agree with you!!!
bow.gif
Thats one of the problems w/ popularity. Actually popularity can destroy a breed...then when the great demand is over the dedicated breeders will have to fix and educate the truly sincere enthusists.
old.gif

Learn and mentor under some one whose birds/lines you like. Look at as many quality birds as possible and do not get in any hurries.... Anyone can breed but, can you breed quality/to the standard animals. Buy a good trio from a top Quality breeder. STUDY and ask as many questions as possible.. Diversity/dilution of the lines. Excep this you will have to cull.....
D.gif
:cd:cd:cd

Quote:

I agree with you!!!
bow.gif
Thats one of the problems w/ popularity. Actually popularity can destroy a breed...then when the great demand is over the dedicated breeders will have to fix and educate the truly sincere enthusists.
old.gif

Sorry! Got my nickers in a knot, I am agreeing with you NYREDS, it is just the over popularity and destruction of breeds that has me in a knot..
bow.gif

Back
Top Bottom