Newbie here in Rolla MO.

markleathers

Hatching
6 Years
Nov 10, 2013
I am new the Chicken world, but looking forward to the experience. My grandkids are so excited to this also, and I know it will be great for them. I have designed a Dome Chicken house and starting the build tomorrow. I should have it complete by early spring, or at the least by hatching season for Cackle Hatchery here in MO.

I tend to go overboard in my projects, and as my project go on you will see. I will keep the process posted on my blog at

healthytastesgreat.blogspot.com

I have a couple of friends who are experienced poultry farmers and I have already been learning from their experience, and picking their brains. My plan is to pick up a couple birds each from them to start my flock with maybe 4 birds. Then come Jan-Feb pick up a dozen chicks at Cackle Hatchery.

Well, my wife is not too excited about this undertaking, but I have a plan to take her out this week to my co-workers Kathline's to see her setup and take "inspiration from her." She said when her husband started, she was not into this idea at all, but has come to love her birds. And, I hope this spreads to my wife. I think ones she see the birds in action and gets to harvest some fresh eggs, she will come to the feathered side.

I also have an older brother whom is experienced and lives few miles away and excited to jump in. So, here we go.

Mark and Tracy Leathers
Rolla, MO.

Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom