newbie here... info on coturnix?

I am so hoping she will set again this spring
fl.gif

Right now I am trying to work out incubator issues so I can grow Zombie some girlfriends
big_smile.png

I've seen mine lay an egg, and get up and go like nothing has just happened. And could care less about it, or any other ones that are in there for me to hunt for. That is rare to have one hatch out eggs.

Quote:
Yes my friend. I put more thought into (breaking wind) than a coturnix hen puts into laying an egg. In most cases. Most of mine don't even bother to lay down. It just drops out of them, where ever the are. They really have no shame, nor care where the egg winds up.

To the OP...Pretty much what ever JJ said, I agree with. I refuse to be drawn into the "Broody coturnix" discussion. Not going to do that any time soon! Also not going to discuss giant mobility quail, or tell anyone how to raise a human child. I just don't have that in me.

Hi. I am also new to Coturnix quail. I bought 6 in Nov. They R in my office 4 now. I only ended up with 2 females. I am not going 2 raise them as I had thought. I would like 2 sell or trade my 4 males for females. I just separated the boys , they were non stop at the hens, they were even going after each other, oh my
tongue.png
I have 2 males to a bird cage 4 now. The 2 hens R in a long cage. what type & kind of sets up does E1 have ? I am planning on putting them out in the spring. I do have a small coop that I was using when I was introducing new chickens to my flock I thought I would use that 4 the Quails . I was thinking of doing something in the basement, think I prefer outside. all suggestions & info is so welcomed. Besides the crumbles they get fed is there anything else beside a corn/ mash I can feed them ? I spoil all my chickens with fresh fruits & veggies. was wondering what else Coturnix quails can eat .. Thanks:)

Quote:
IDEALLY THEY SHOULD BE FED GAMEBIRD FOOD, NOT CHICKEN MASH. THEY HAVE MUCH DIFFERENT NUTRITIONAL NEEDS THAN CHICKENS.
ALSO THEY SHOULDNT BE HOUSED WITH OR NEAR OTHER TYPES OF POULTRY AS THE OTHER POULTRY ARE DISEASE CARRIERS THAT THE QUAIL HAVE NO IMMUNITY TO.

CHECK THE LINKS HERE FOR MORE INFO
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=102281

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=250361

Ok... Thanks. That means I must move the coop else where. I have been giving them game crumbles & getting crushed cracked corn which they don't get every day. If it's best not 2 give them that, then I will not.

Back
Top Bottom