Newbie here :P

Welcome to the coop! I use the Forums and Articles tabs at the top of the page to do research. You can get lost for hours. It's nice to know you are minutes away from getting help with questions and emergencies! I always check in the "What's New" section as well at the top of this page. This way I can read how I may have a similar question or help give some advice.

Welcome here Angela. I agree with former posts, don't let them roost outside. I had a couple that did that and I had to move them bodily onto roosts in coop when they were young. And yes if they sleep in boxes they'll poop a bunch, I blocked mine off when my first batch was too young to lay. Raise roosts let them get that down first, cause they won't lay in dirty boxes then you open up a bigger mess! Just be consistent till they get the go to bed on roost thing down. I don't shut my pop ( ramp) door down now but did when they were little. ( My coop/ run are very secure! Hubby OCD)We love pictures of coop and flocks btw:wee

Welcome to BYC, Angela. Is the coop inside a secure run with a roof over it?
Can you post a picture of your run and your coop?
Gosh sorry, Its been awhile. To answer your question, yes. The coop is inside the run. It is locked up and Predator proof. I was having my son catch them from the top of the Coop to put them in it for a awhile there, but it has been getting warm here in Florida and I didn't want to lock them up with the humidity. Yes, there is ventilation, but when there is no breeze, it's like a wet blanket of air. They are fine up there so far, but I will admit, it's a yuck to clean! lol

Back
Top Bottom