Newbie here

allysin

Hatching
Nov 2, 2015
Hello, I had chickens 6-7yrs ago, lost all but one to predators so I rehomed the one and just got back into chickens after 3 yrs. I currently have a mix flock of 18 chickens and 2 turkeys. I have Rhode Island reds, barred rocks, golden comets, white leghorn, black sex links, golden laced polish bantam, cream legbar, blue ameracauna, buff Orpington, Easter eggers, olive egger, black copper maran, and a speckled Sussex. Hoping to get some ameracaunas in the spring for show & breeding!

Hello and
welcome-byc.gif
!

Glad you joined our "flock"! It sounds like you have a nice assortment of breeds
big_smile.png
. Couple of them I have or had and a few of them I want. Please feel free to make yourself at home and check out the different threads. If you haven't done so yet you should definetly check out the learning center to read some great articles: https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
thumbsup.gif
Enjoy!

welcome-byc.gif

x2 on the Learning Center, it's full of good articles and helpful information.

Once you have 20 posts, you can use the buy-sell-trade forum. Maybe you can find some birds you're looking for there in the spring

Thanks for joining us!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. You have some great layers. White Leghorns, Black Sex Links, and Golden Comets (one of a number of names under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links) are laying machines, consistently churning out more than 300 large eggs per hen per year. You should get loads of eggs from those girls. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Last edited:
Wow you've got quite an assortment of breeds, something to please everyone. Glad you joined us at Backyard chickens. You may want to check out the predator threads to find suggestions and advice on preventing more attacks.

Thanks everyone! Instead of having all one kind I figured it'd be neat to have all different kinds. Plus it's easier to tell them apart! We have fixed the predator problem by actually redoing the coop when we added on to it. At least hopefully! We've had a fox prowling around so trying to get rid of it before we have problems.

Back
Top Bottom