Newbie Here

Cjs123

Chirping
Mar 21, 2017
Shippensburg, Cumberland county, Pa
Hi everyone,
New to site and having a tough time finding the start new thread tab. Anyway, I'm retired from nursing and from the show ring with my long hair miniature Dachshunds.
We had Aracainas and a pair of Black Polish Crested Bantams many years ago. Bad mix BTW. They pecked my poor male bald. I put the remaining crest in a ponytail and it solved the problem until the neighbors dog killed them both. We live in south-central Pa. and love to see chickens running free in my yard, but big mistake around here.
I'm now planning on getting a coop for 4 pair of fancy breeds of Bantams. Looking for the right forum for buying assist. Suggestions welcome:0)

There is a buy/sell/trade forum on BYC, but I believe you have to post a certain number of posts before you can participate in it. Send a welcome out to new members to help build up your post numbers. Good luck in finding your new chickens.

Hello from Kansas and
welcome-byc.gif
! Good luck on upping your post count and then using the Buy/Sell/Trade Forum. In the meantime have some fun and visit all the forums BYC has to offer - you'll learn things and make new friends. Thanks for joining BYC!
celebrate.gif

G’Day from down under Cjs123
frow.gif
Welcome!

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss
sad.png

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. You will hit the 20 post mark in no time.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock when they arrive, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Last edited:
You can also post on your state thread, you may find you have BYCers for neighbors. Just put state name in the search box and it will come up. Polish & Silkies tend to get bullied a lot by other breeds because of their unique look. They are also at the mercy of predators since their crests often obscure their vision. Plus silkies don't really fly but, can jump high is necessary

Great to have another dog person join us. If you wanted quality dogs, it's stand to reason you want quality chickens. I used to breed & show cockers in the late '60s to 1980.

Hello, and welcome to our wonderful forum! I am so glad you joined Backyard Chickens, I hope you will make yourself at home here and enjoy it as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

G’Day from down under Cjs123 :frow   Welcome!

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss :(

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member.  There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. You will hit the 20 post mark in no time.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock when they arrive, you have come to the right place.  BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out ;)  

Back
Top Bottom