Newbie here!

Kristina1988

Chirping
Nov 6, 2018
Washington
Hello everyone! New to this site but have been reading for a little bit since I have gotten my chickens . I have 3 juvenile chickens that I got for free from someomenmy boyfriend worked with. Not too sure on the breed I'm thinking australorp but they have some white feathers near their tails so it is throwing me off a bit. They are pretty black with green sheen to them with slate feet so I'm just taking a guess lol. Never thought I could love little birds so much they are so sweet! I can post a picture if i can from my phone or figure out how if anyone could help take a guess as to what breed. I'm assuming they are around 9 weeks or so. Glad to be here love all the information you guys have to give!
20181104_153709.jpg

The one in the corner - sorta looks like a Black Australorp. How old?? You can also post photos at "what breed or gender is this?" Please tell age in photos - very important.
I wrote the age I thought they would be. I'm just taking a guess they are 9 weeks old. Only going off videos and photos though. All I know is they have their feathers and still peep except for random kinda hen like sounds. I can also post in the what breed is this section. Was more just saying hello and noticed some of the questions I could answer to introduce myself was breed of chickens so added that all in.

Black Australorps can have white wing tips as pullets that drop off as adults. And have the green sheen. But I am too new to chickens to say for sure.
That makes a lot of sense! Been trying to look up videos and photos of black australorps but never see the white feathers so wasn't sure if I was on the right track or not ☺. Thank you!

Hi Kristina and welcome to BYC. As mentioned by D/Diva - this the best forum to post your pics - What Breed Or Gender is This?

This is a useful link of BYC guides to take a look at announcements-feedback-issues-guides.3 I’d suggest including your location using the guide in that link, if you have not already done so. You can use this link to contact members in your area - Find your State's thread.

Best wishes

Pork Pie
Thank you much! Was more of an introduction but since I was kind of following the format from the introduction page was trying to take a guess at what breed I had since that was one of the questions ☺. I will for sure check those out! Thank you

Back
Top Bottom