Newbie here

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Little Chicken Feathers, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Little Chicken Feathers

Little Chicken Feathers New Egg

Jan 20, 2011
    I love reading about other peoples experiences with Chickens. We started for the first time with chickens this past summer and wow are we learning more as the winter goes by. We have a Dominque, Austrlorp, Cucko Maran, and 11 Americana/EE, 1 Aracauna ranging from 3 months to a little over a year. Our rooster Leroy is king of the coop lol he's an Americana and really struts his stuff. We get blue, green, light tan and a dark egg with splotches. Getting 4-5 eggs a day right now and the Maran lays about once every 2 months rather she needs to or not [​IMG]
    We're in TN so we don't get alot of bad winter weather, but this year being the exception, in a long time, we have learned alot about keeping our 'babies' warm and healthy. We have 4 ml plastic around a 10x10 dog pen. A wood, plastic and tarp roof that has worked really well. They eat just about anything for treats. Thanks for all the good information and help that everyone offers [​IMG]
    Little Chicken Feathers

2. Luckytaz

Luckytaz Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2010
    Rogers, Mn.
    Welcome, from Minnesota. Looks like you've got a good start.

3. cedar post

cedar post Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2009
    Seymour,WI.
    [​IMG] to BYC !! Now that you've joined you'll be able to get any question about chickens you have answered !! [​IMG]

4. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from SW Ohio

5. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Michigan

6. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Chillin' With My Peeps