1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Newbie Here!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by pamduff, Oct 6, 2011.

1. pamduff

pamduff Out Of The Brooder

Oct 6, 2011
    New to the wonderful world of chickens. We have 3 recently acquired hens. Not sure exactly what breed they are but we think they are, a Buff Orpington, a Bard Rock, and the last has the most confused...maybe a Rhode Island Red or Production Red. The people we got them from had were unsure. When I figure out how to post pics I will ask for your thoughts.
    My boyfriend has just finished a coop from scratch and a small run. We hope to be able to let them run the yard as soon as we get the fence fixed. We have done hours and hours of internet research and checked out the one book at our local library we could find.
    So far loving it....the nice thing about getting hens is we already have gotten some fresh eggs LOL. I spend way to much time on here looking for answers only to find more questions. So glad this site exists. Thank you to the creators and the support staff and to all the wonderful people who belong. Never realized there is such a large community of back yard chicken owners.
    Have a few questions to ask and have already found a few answers. I will attempt to post questions to the correct area. Thank you for your patience and your kind welcome!
    pamduff:D

2. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    [​IMG]

3. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!!

4. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Leia's Chickens

Leia's Chickens A Sunkissed Delight

Jun 20, 2010
    Oklahoma!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2011
  6. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    Hi and [​IMG] !

7. dsquawker

dsquawker Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 1, 2011
    Bluegrass State
    How awesome are your fresh eggs? Welcome and looking forward to seeing photos and being able to identify your mystery hen. Angela (dsquawker)

8. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

9. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Hi, from Big Bear Calif, always good to meet another feather brainier. [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    [​IMG] from Texas

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by