Newbie-How to care for roosters

Glad you posted this. We just got 2 Roosters and I'll be getting and adding chickens in a few weeks. Luckily my husband works at a feed mill and makes it or I would have no idea what to feed them! I hope to be successful at this as I'm a newbie to! Welcome! I have a bunch of raisins wonder if they can have them for a treat! Birdseeds a trear I read to! I'm Vicky in Whitley City Ky!
Hi all! I'm brand new to having chickens and my husband's coworker just gave us 3 roosters. We have an existing coop that came with the house we just moved to, but I have no idea how to care for these guys. What do we feed them? How much? How often? My husband came home from the feed store with the only organic option they had, but it says that its a "layer complete 16 blend crumble." Well I know these guys aren't layers! Will this be ok to feed them though? I've also been giving them spinach and other random veggie scraps. Hubby also got a block of seed that's supposed to be a treat, and just sits in the coop? I don't know if we're doing this right at all! Please help!!

Glad yoy posted this. We just got 2 Roosters and I'll be getting and adding chickens in a few weeks. Luckily my husband works at a feed mill and makes it or I would have no idea what to feed them! I hope to be successful at this as I'm a newbie to! Welcome!
Hi all! I'm brand new to having chickens and my husband's coworker just gave us 3 roosters. We have an existing coop that came with the house we just moved to, but I have no idea how to care for these guys. What do we feed them? How much? How often? My husband came home from the feed store with the only organic option they had, but it says that its a "layer complete 16 blend crumble." Well I know these guys aren't layers! Will this be ok to feed them though? I've also been giving them spinach and other random veggie scraps. Hubby also got a block of seed that's supposed to be a treat, and just sits in the coop? I don't know if we're doing this right at all! Please help!!

Hi and welcome to BYC :frow we're so happy you've decided to join us:ya If you have the option, I'd recommend swapping the layer out for a grower or all flock. You're looking for a feed with about 1% calcium.

My husband works at a feed mill and makes all the feed. He brought home this 50 pd. Bag last night and said "Its the goid stuff"! All I know. Thank you for responding. I'm so glad to be a member. All are so kind about helping with info. Would yoy know the breed of my Roosters?
We are going to add chickens. They should be ready soon. Maybe this,week. Will I have to separate them? Thank you! There red, brown and looks like they have some black and almost turquoise in their feathers. I tried ro upload another photo its taking to long on my phone. Not getting a good signal in the country!

My husband works at a feed mill and makes all the feed. He brought home this 50 pd. Bag last night and said "Its the goid stuff"! All I know. Thank you for responding. I'm so glad to be a member. All are so kind about helping with info. Would yoy know the breed of my Roosters?
We are going to add chickens. They should be ready soon. Maybe this,week. Will I have to separate them? Thank you! There red, brown and looks like they have some black and almost turquoise in their feathers. I tried ro upload another photo its taking to long on my phone. Not getting a good signal in the country!

Attachments

• 20171205_095006.jpg
    20171205_095006.jpg
    212.3 KB · Views: 3

Back
Top Bottom