Newbie in Deep South

Hey y'all, right now I'm reading, reading, and researching for knowledge. I just ordered my first chicks, due next week. (Barred Plymouth Rock, Silver Wyandotte, Rhode Island Reds).
smile.png

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. I love your avatar. Owls are one of my favorite birds and Snowy Owls are one of my favorite owls. :eek:) If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to BYC - good to have you join us. I wish you all the best with your impending chicken adventure.

All the best
CT

Thanks Michael. I've already been in the learning center, and as a matter of fact, after reading some bird reviews I changed my shopping cart, lol! Ditched those Barred PRs and added Speckled Sussex instead. LOVE this site. (I'm an old moderator, btw ever since the Internet went active).

You're welcome. Speckled Sussex are a wonderful breed as they are friendly and gentle (good lap pets) and good layers of brown eggs. I think you'll be very happy with them. :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom