Newbie in east Texas

Ivey

In the Brooder
5 Years
Sep 9, 2014
I'm still in the learning & researching stage before we get chickens. Looks like there's LOTS for me to learn here! Thank y'all for such great information all in one spot!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community! Have you stopped by our learning center yet? Lots of good articles on all the aspects of keeping poultry...https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

If you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask.

We welcome you to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. My wife and I were both raised in east Texas. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have any breed preferences?

I'm still in the learning & researching stage before we get chickens. Looks like there's LOTS for me to learn here! Thank y'all for such great information all in one spot!

Hello and welcome to the clutch
frow.gif
I too, am in East Texas. I did a little research before I got mine too. Where I live, we aren't supposed to have chickens. So I built my coop about 3 feet off the ground, and they get shade there, plus they are next to my fig tree and get afternoon shade. I bought my hens at a yard sale, Rhode Island Reds. They are sort of quiet and docile, they don't mind if I touch them when I clean the coop or the pen,. And they lay big brown eggs.
Good luck with your research and selection. I know this is the place to get all the help you need with this. Glad you are here.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom