newbie in good old england

Hey barbara as i said got 3 campbells 1 male blue 1 white female and 1 brown female they seem to be happy with there 1st morning at been in a new home cleaning there self's and chin waging with each just need to tame them. Sorry to hear about the fox's and dogs all the best
adam

Hi again Adam

Did you get your ducks as pets or to breed and sell or for eggs, or maybe even fatten up to eat? I'm guessing probably not the latter if you plan to tame them! Good to hear that they are settling in happily. I used to have an old babies bath for my ducks to play in. Every time I changed the water, they had it filthy again in no time and a puddle of mud right round it! Hope yours are a less messy.

I currently have 8 chicks which are 2 1/2 weeks old and 10 eggs that are due to hatch today(so exciting but my broody is sitting tight so I don't know if they have started yet), plus 13 juveniles at 11 weeks and 4 6 week olds. It's amazing how fast they grow up.

Anyway, I hope you get as much pleasure from keeping your ducks as I do from my hens.

Regards

Barbara

Welcome to BYC from across the pond!

You will find a lot of good information here. Keep on asking questions and you will get many good answers.

You may also want to read the FAQ below.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png
Cute ducks!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

So glad you could join our community! Enjoy those cute ducks and welcome to our flock!

Thanks all for the warm cyber welcoming lol and barbara just the 3 as pets for me wish I had the land for that

Welcome to BYC, glad you joined the flock. You probably didn't realize that when you first posted, it was 3 a.m. - at least in the middle west of USA. Not many people up at that hour.

Back
Top Bottom