Newbie in Middle Tennessee!

dcsharpe

Chirping
8 Years
Mar 18, 2012
Hi, new chicken keeper here. My father actually grew up on a "chicken ranch" in California where they sold eggs so I guess it is in my blood. We were going to start out with about 6-8 laying hens but I quickly figured out it was a bit like the great race show trying to find them. To make a long story short, I finally found "my chicken guy" and I bought 18 chicks. I had been reading a lot and figured if we lost some, I didn't want to go to chase again. We have, fortunately, only lost 1 and in the meantime, my oldest daughter watched an old PBS special on Netflix called "The Natural History of the Chicken". We now have 2 silkies. A white hen and a scraggly looking black rooster with orangey/gold hackles. Needless to say, we have been through 2 coop builds, 3 if you count the tractor, and some new family members! I have been here a lot, before now, learning all I can and I wanted to say hi and thank you. I have uploaded several pics to my page if anyone is interested. I am off to search for instructions on a nipple watering system now. Thank you all again!

DCSharpe

Hi and WELCOME TO BYC!!!
big_smile.png

Hello and :welcome
Sounds like you've got a good flock going already, good luck, and I hope you find any info you need on the site. See you round. :frow

Back
Top Bottom