Newbie in NorCal

Dirt Farmer

Songster
12 Years
Jan 11, 2012
Northern CA
Hi everybody,

I've been reading threads on BYC for sometime but decided to join after it was down for a couple days and I realized how much I missed it. I've been raising chickens for about 6 years. Last year I downsized my flock to prep for NPIP certification. Currently I have 2 light brahma cockerals, 3 light brahma pullets, 1 black Java cockeral, 5 black java pullets, 2 cuckoo marans pullets, 2 welsummer pullets, 2 ameraucana pullets; and in the brooder, 3 silver laced brahmas and 4 black copper marans. My main interests are the brahmas and javas. The rest are related to my wife's colorful egg basket project. I live on 10 acres in the foothills of northern California. Mild winters and brutal summers. I have a 8 x 15 main coop, a 8 x 6 secondary coop and a portable ark for isolation or early grow out. The chickens over 4 months old have passed all the blood tests for NPIP and I'm hoping to clear the on-site inspection on Feb 6. For those interested, now is a good time to get certified in CA. Due to a federal grant, the total cost is $100.

Dirt

welcome-byc.gif
from Texas.

I want to say welcome on board from SoCal. I did the same looked but never joined. I am also doing my NPIP certification. The federal grant makes it really nice. I am set to have my blood work done before the end of the month.

Back
Top Bottom