Newbie in Ohio

WhentonDunnit Acres

In the Brooder
Jul 5, 2020
East Central Ohio
Hello,

New member, and three days into our chicken raising adventure. We have 3 Australorps, 2 RIR, 2 Barred Rocks and 1 Buff Orpington chicks, all 3-5 days old right now. I've joined to learn all I can, and to have an emergency help-line if we run into problems! Our goals are to teach responsibility and animal care to our son, get lots of eggs and have fun doing it. So far, so good! :)

My hubby, 8 YO son and I live on nearly 10 acres that has slowly evolved into somewhat of a homestead, without our deliberate intentions. LOL I was raised (50 years ago!) in a very rural area and my husband was around backyard chickens in a previous life (ex-wife), so we took our limited collective knowledge and some internet research to start our flock.

I look forward to browsing the forums, and meeting and talking with other members to learn, and hopefully become knowledgeable enough to help others.

WDA

I will get some today! It has been oppressively hot, so building progress has slowed, and the most recent accomplishments have been buried fencing and electric run to the barn - not too exciting! LOL
I hear ya on the Oppressive Hot Meter! I just went out to say hello to my chickens and toss some veggie scraps in for them and started sweating like Mrs Reddogmaster2 writing a check!:th

Back
Top Bottom