Newbie in Ohio

Wetherwell

In the Brooder
8 Years
Nov 28, 2011
1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
Well, not exactly "new" but we had chickens when I was a child but that was over 30 years ago LOL.

We just recently got some laying hens. No Roosters though.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

We bought 6 pullets.

(3) What breeds do you have?

Buff Orpington

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?

A friend in NewYork that has had chickens for a couple of years. I had emailed her and asked if she knew of any sites that was a great site that I could learn from. She suggested this site.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

Hobbies include my Labrador Retrievers. I used to show them and dabbled a bit in breeding. Hey, I have one show Champion ( canadian and American champion to boot ) to my credit and another that lives in South America that has numerous championships. But most of that has stopped for awhile.
We also love to do living history events and our time period is pre 1840's.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

Well, I'm a stay at home Momma to a sight impared 5 year old. We also have a 20 year old who just recently moved out ( again! ! ! ! ) .

We have kitties, Labradors and now 6 awesome Buff Orpintons.

Obviously, we bought them for layers but they've became my pets in about an hour LOLOLOL.

They will be 8 months old on the 28th of Nov. Oh wait!~ that's *today* isn't it LOL. Happy 8 month birthday Girls ~!!

The first night we had them home, I took a bucket and turned it upside down and sat on it in the coop. It wasnt but a few seconds that I sat down when one of the girls jumped up on my leg. A minute or so of petting her ( I just love my girls ) another one jumped up on my other leg.
It was so funny as I sat there and petted both of them.
They definitely are Momma's girls I tell ya. Spoiled rotten.

I thought it high time that I register after reading for a couple of months and wanted to say Howdy ~
big_smile.png

Last edited:
Hello fellow Ohioan and welcome to BYC! Wow you sure did span your kids ages......20 and 5! LOL

Love the Buff Orpingtons! A beautiful breed!

Glad you joined,
Sharon

Back
Top Bottom