Newbie Introdiction

Brightside1

Songster
Jan 16, 2020
I acquired a young Jersey Giant around thanksgiving. He loves to watch videos in the cell phone and is quite a character.
he is getting used to being held though it’s still a game of catch.
mom trying to find a pattern that is easy to make by hand for a rooster diaper.
also, is there a certain way to keep an indoor rooster like make a small coop and possibly litter train him? B89B54C7-4DC9-4AE5-895B-066A0D40F919.jpeg

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

Cute boy you have there! I don't think you can litter train chickens. Most people that keep house chicken use chicken diapers. You might consider getting him some hens and building him an outside coop? Solitary chickens do ok alone as house chickens though, I know quite a few people with single house birds.

So glad you decided to join our community!

My friend Arlene used to have house chickens, she never diapered them. She just had cleaning items handy, rags, disinfectant , etc. and tackled them as soon as she noticed. The birds would wait for her inside the door - when she left to do errands. Luckily for her, they were more interested in her return than using her house as a bathroom. So no big pileups awaiting her return. The most she had in the house at one time was 3 banty hens.

Back
Top Bottom