Newbie joining the henhouse 🐣💗

AyemTater

Chirping
Jan 18, 2021
Central Florida
Hello all 🙌
Central Florida here.
First chicken? A black silkie. At the time, I was living in the city and things were going great until one early morning when I heard a rooster crowing. Sadly, he could not stay, but years later I moved outside the city and I've rediscovered how much I love raising chickens. Two years ago, my husband and I bought 6 ducklings. We both fell hopelessly head over heels in love with them. When we learned how smart they were we began downsizing our chickens, bought an incubator (last year) and the rest is history.
My avatar pic is Tolkien. (We also love Lord of The Rings and all things JRR Tolkien) She was the only mixed duckling we hatched (½ Khaki/½ Pekin). The others were Khaki Campbell's and were sold. Tolkien stayed inside with us for about 6 weeks and has integrated well with our other birds. She's quite the talker. More so than any other duck or chicken on site.
I do hope to bring silkies back in my life soon. At the moment, I need to improve my hatch rate. I have a forced air CE yellow top incubator which I've gotten pretty good at maintaining temps and humidity.
I've been taking notes for quite sometime from this site and I figured it's about time to join the club.

1611010998936.png

Back
Top Bottom