Newbie just got from tsc does anyone know what breed they are?

valleri

Hatching
11 Years
Mar 18, 2008
Florida
I don't know how well these photos will show but can anyone tell me what breed they are, I got them from tractor supply today and all it says is straight run chicks. Thanks for the help. I love these message boards and have been reading and looking at pics of others all day. I am addicted to the cute little chicks!!
big_smile.png

100_0850.jpg

100_0855.jpg

100_0858.jpg

Looks like you have a Black Australorpe, Welsummer, not sure what the yellow one is and a Golden laced Wyandotte. Didn't they have a list of what they were selling? They are sweeties anyway.
wee.gif

without better closeup picks here are my guesses If none have feathered feet, which would change everything entirely.

I would say the yellow on is a leghorn, buff orphington or golden comet. Most likly a leghorn cause of where you got them, But it looks like is has a redish tint to it. If so it is most likely a golden comet, which is a nice looking type of sexlink.

The chipmunk lookling ones I would say are EEs and the black and yellow are most likely black astrlops (spelling?) or black stars (if they turn soild black as they feather out they are astlops if they get a redish chest they are black stars/ black sexlinks.)

Hope this helps. I am waiting to see what hatches out of the bator then I am gonna go buy some
wink.png
got to see what the numbers are first lol.

I tried to log back in yesterday and was having trouble but now I am back in so here are some single shots hope they help better.

Chick 1 - has some fur on feet but looks like it is going away
100_0867.jpg

Chick 2
100_0865.jpg

Chick 3
100_0864.jpg

Chick 4
100_0863.jpg

Chick 5
100_0862.jpg

Thanks for all the help so far in trying to help me identify them all.

Hi Valleri,
Chic number two looks like my Black Australorpe.Number 3 looks like a Silver laced Wyandotte.

just a newbie opinion.

Good luck with your chics,
Ed

I think:
chick #2 is an australorp
chick #3 a wyandote
chicks #4 & 5 may be easter eggers (what the hatcheries call "Ameraucana") Do 4 & 5 both have funny poofy cheeks?
Chick #1 has feathered feet so what does that make it? A buff cochin maybe?
Those are my guesses!

It does kind of look like they have puffy cheeks. Thank you both for helping me identify them. Now the hard part is finding out if they are male or female and to give them names. We do have a couple names picked out but not too sure yet.

Back
Top Bottom