Newbie - Kinda! :)

Hlisamarie

Hatching
Apr 18, 2015
Rural Alabama
Hi everyone! My husband and I had a mixed flock of 14 birds over 15 years ago. Obviously, it has been a long time since then and we are rekindling our love for having a backyard flock of chickens. We purchased a total of 6 one week old pullets: (2) RIR, (2) BO and (2) BPR. We're starting small to give us time to get everything prepared as the girls grow. We are aiming for a completed flock of 15 birds by the end of next year.

We are blessed to have our son and our three year old grandson living with us right now and man does that little boy love the girls!! We sit in lawn chairs every evening by the tractor pen and talk to them, hold them and give them treats.

Our family is rounded out by two dogs, both American Bulldogs. They are my original "girls" as they are both female. One is soon to be 9yrs old and the other is still a preteen at 2yrs old. No one lives at our place if they don't have manners and are well behaved....and the doggie girls are no exception. They're perfect!!

We live in a very rural area and we also enjoy gardening and restoring antique vehicles.

I stumbled across My Backyard Chickens when I was searching for a few free coop designs as well as new ideas for feeders and waterers. I think being a member here is going to help me vastly in my new/old love of chickens.

Hope to see everyone in the forums!!

Lisa

Welcome to BYC, Lisa. Glad you decided join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. My granddaughter (pictured in my avatar) loves our chickens. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your chicks.

Thanks for the welcome, Michael! And you are right. Kids LOVE chickens! Our grandson will soon be 4 and has already announced that he wants to "show off" some chickens at the local 4H show when he is 9. Gotta love it!! So we're getting him accustomed to being around them.

Thanks again for the welcome! :)

Thanks for the welcome, Michael! And you are right. Kids LOVE chickens! Our grandson will soon be 4 and has already announced that he wants to "show off" some chickens at the local 4H show when he is 9. Gotta love it!! So we're getting him accustomed to being around them.

Thanks again for the welcome!
smile.png

You're welcome.

welcome-byc.gif
so glad you have joined us.

Congratulations on starting another flock. You already have loads of experience, and I wish you success with all.

Back
Top Bottom