newbie like to know breeds of my mixed Bantam flock

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Pecknscratch, Jun 17, 2011.

1. Pecknscratch

Pecknscratch Out Of The Brooder

Oct 13, 2010
    I tried this last week and it didn't turn out, so I took some more pictures this morning and am trying this again.
    They are 9 weeks old. Would also greatly appreciate any thoughts as to there sexes. I know I've got some that "time will tell".

This is Dot or Spot I can never rember which... Hen
    [​IMG]

This is House Hen
    [​IMG]

This is Cinnamon Hen OEGH?
    [​IMG]

This is Angle thinking roo from all the chest bumping when they were younger.
    [​IMG]

Smokey my little favorite roo Hubby says he will be replacing current roo. very friendly, jumps up to sit on you with Tation.
    [​IMG]

Stork...what else would you call him/her roo?
    [​IMG]

Mo we know Silkie, but waiting on the sex to present itself
    [​IMG]

Hawk (same as Mo) neither of the silkies got in on the chest bumping when younger, hoping that's a sign of henship
    [​IMG]

Ira hen
    [​IMG]

Tation roo so friendly, always jumping up to sit on us
    [​IMG]

Dino roo?
    [​IMG]

Roo current big roo
    [​IMG]

Little Hen smaller of the grown hens
    [​IMG]

2. akcountrygrrl

akcountrygrrl Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2010
    Nenana, AK
    Dino, Tation, Angel, and Ira all look to be Cochins. Stork appears to be a splash Modern Game. House Hen, Cinnamon, and Smokey look like they might be OEGs. Little Hen is a barnyard cross (probably Cochin/OEG). I've no clue on Roo. Spot/Dot could be a mottled OEG or mottled Japanese. I think you're right on all of your sexes except Angel may be a pullet. Not even going to try the Silkies... [​IMG]

3. SunnyCalifornia

SunnyCalifornia Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 8, 2010
    Escondido CA
    Smokey looks like a Phoenix. I have one, a different color that looks very much like him. They are very neat, intelligent little birds. You'll enjoy him!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by