Newbie looking for tips and support

mrcarern

Hatching
Feb 12, 2017
Hello, hubby and I live in western Washington. We just bought a house and have been interested in gardening and raising our own chickens for some time now. We have watched alot of you tube videos and read alot of info online, but would love any tips and support you all may have. We are starting from complete scratch.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your knowledge and time. God bless!

Last edited:
welcome-byc.gif

The best place to start is the Learning Center (the brown tab at the top of the screen)...there are a lot of good articles there that will help you get off on the right foot.

You can also connect with others in Washington to get tips on what works best for your part of the country. There's a link to the state threads at the bottom of my post.

Good luck to you, raising chickens is fun and rewarding!

Greetings from Kansas and
welcome-byc.gif
! Pleased you joined our community! I agree with NFC - the Learning Center is a great place to begin to your knowledge quest of chickens! Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!
smile.png

Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. I wish you the best of luck in your new chicken-keeping adventure. There's so much information here, some of it seemingly contradictory. In the majority of cases, it's a good thing - just bear in mind that we all do things differently and that there's rarely any right or wrong way to do things. If you are ever unsure when faced with possibly conflicting advice, do what your "heart" tells to you and you'll do just fine.

Best wishes
CT

G’Day from down under mrcarern
frow.gif
Welcome!

At the risk of sounding like an echo, I agree that the Learning Centre is a really good starting point.

My tip … use BYC to its full potential and never be afraid to ask questions.

Best wishes to you and your flock when they arrive.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends
wink.png

Hello, hubby and I live in western Washington. We just bought a house and have been interested in gardening and raising our own chickens for some time now. We have watched alot of you tube videos and read alot of info online, but would love any tips and support you all may have. We are starting from complete scratch.

I look forward to hearing from you and thank you for your knowledge and time. God bless!
One of the best pieces of advice is that when u are reading to buy, i suggest u do some research on sellers as to not buy sick chicks or ones that arent kept well. I suggest buying from a local feed store and look for problems in the cages like dead chicks or overly nasty cages no lights. Just a word to the wise. I bought some chick at the sale barn an they didnt make it. I went back to the sale barn and looked for the guy i bought them from but he was gone. The guy next to his booth said he tried to get my attention to warn me about the guy i bought them from, but get me aside in time to stop me from the purchase. Good luck

Hello there, and my warmest welcome to the flock! I am quite pleased you decided to join us, please pull up a chair and make yourself at home here! I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have! :frow

~Cuz

Back
Top Bottom