Newbie looking to buy a Chicken Coop

aemma5478

In the Brooder
Mar 30, 2018
Hey Everyone!!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I got two chickens last Friday, March 23rd. They were born on 3/22 and they were hatched through my daughters' science class. One didn't make it through the night so their teacher found two more who are three weeks old, so our baby wouldn't be lonely.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
We currently have 3

(3) What breeds do you have?
I have no idea, I believe our baby is an easter egger but I don't know what the other two are. I was told they will lay green speckled eggs.

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
We were not available the day the three week old chickens were picked up, so their teacher left the chickens with a family who owns many chickens and they told me about this site

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Well, I have 3 daughters (ages 4, 13, 13), 4 dogs and a rat that was also from their science class. I love animals and family!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am a stay at home mom, so I am always around for the animals. My husband and I like to occasionally take trips, with and without the kids!

Flash-welcome-byc-farmer-co.gif

:welcome

Congrats on your new chicks! Factory made coops are usually not worth the money (inferior materials, poor workmanship, over-state number of birds that will fit). If you can't build one, maybe you can find someone locally that does carpentry? Or some use old playhouses or modify storage sheds to create a coop.

Best of luck to you, thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom