Newbie needs help selecting dual purpose breed

Quote:
Hey, Cory. If you have your heart set on black orps... try "dawn on the farm" (think the website is the same as her name here) She is in northern Mid TN and has Blue BLack Splash Orps.
Yeah, I have been told there is more than one Englewood. I'm right next to Madisonville. Matter of fact, some people consider it Madisonville still. I have no idea where the other one(s) are, though. lol.

That was the reason I asked where you were. To tell you about the chicken trades in Madisonville. People come from far and wide. But if black orps are what you want... I really recommend dawnonthefarm's... especially since she is a fellow Tennesseean. Even if you ship, still... it helps alot to not have a big trip.

Great dual purpose birds are many, but broody and good foragers? Well now, I think Barred Rocks and Australorps are just the ticket!! Aussies are a bit broodier I think. Orps are always good mama's. Speckled Sussex are an old English table breed that lays very well.

ameracauna's,orpingtons,rhode island reds.
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
hugs.gif

Quote:
Hey, Cory. If you have your heart set on black orps... try "dawn on the farm" (think the website is the same as her name here) She is in northern Mid TN and has Blue BLack Splash Orps.
Yeah, I have been told there is more than one Englewood. I'm right next to Madisonville. Matter of fact, some people consider it Madisonville still. I have no idea where the other one(s) are, though. lol.

That was the reason I asked where you were. To tell you about the chicken trades in Madisonville. People come from far and wide. But if black orps are what you want... I really recommend dawnonthefarm's... especially since she is a fellow Tennesseean. Even if you ship, still... it helps alot to not have a big trip.

Dawn is in East TN about a 15 mins from me. We are on the east side of Knoxville. She is close to Parrotsville.

Back
Top Bottom