Newbie needs help.

viridei

In the Brooder
Apr 29, 2017
Kansas
Both of these hatched around 4/25 both are bantams bought at tractor supply. My 1st thought on #1 (aka Peeps) was a Brahma and a boy. But from what I've read (which isn't much), I don't think the comb is right for Brahma. #2 (aka Fluffy) my guess is a Cochin pullet. I'm interested in thoughts on breed and sex of both, and what color #2 will end up.

Thank you in advance.

3 days old
IMG_3666.JPG

Now
IMG_3814.JPG
IMG_3815.JPG

3 days old
IMG_3663.JPG

Now
IMG_3832.JPG

IMG_3830.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3668.JPG
    IMG_3668.JPG
    267.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3822.JPG
    IMG_3822.JPG
    379.5 KB · Views: 0
Looks like the first one is a boy, maybe has some Brahma in the background, but like you said, has the wrong comb type. The second is a Brahma, but not sure on gender.

Would she be a "gold" Brahma? That looks like the closest I can ding using Google images.

Looks like the first one is a boy, maybe has some Brahma in the background, but like you said, has the wrong comb type. The second is a Brahma, but not sure on gender.

Top bird looks to be a bantam Cochin, speckled or mottled or even splash....and yes rooster.

Second bird could be a Dark Brahma. Nothing screaming roo yet. You'll be able to tell better when the adult feathers come in as the males and females are patterned differently.

LofMc

Back
Top Bottom