1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Newbie of the Chicken world.

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MACK0506, Dec 27, 2015.

1. MACK0506

MACK0506 New Egg

Dec 27, 2015
    West Wichita
    I finally got myself to start into this backyard chicken/gardening thing. Just built me a privacy fence and what i sorta call a chicken coop from an old crate from work. I'm planning to jump into this new chicken raisin' thing this spring. 'Til then, I'm researching all that i can on starting from square 1 on this stuff and am excited to get into it. This site seems to be a great resource and it seems to be local. I look foward to checking out what this site and members have to offer.

2. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and a warm welcome to BYC - great to have you onboard. The learning centre is a good place,to start. You can also search for other BYC members in your area in the "where am I? Where are you?" Forum.

Cheers
    Ct

3. Birdrain92

Birdrain92 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2013
    Idaho
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined the flock! Please ask any questions you may have and we'll be more than happy to help. Do you have any breeds you may be interested in? If not what are wanting from them? Like eggs, meat, fun, show.

4. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X2 on CTKen; if you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. KeyFlock

KeyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    [​IMG] I'm glad you decided to join us!!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Actually BYC has over 370,000 members globally- the Learning center is a fountain of worthwhile information. If you join your state thread you may find other chicken folks in your area.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by