Newbie on board

I went to Lowes and bought all of the materials for my coop this evening. YEA! Another step closer.
Rick

frow.gif
&
welcome-byc.gif
from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

Good Wednesday Morning!
Last night I went to the Lowes and purchased material for the building of my BYC coop. I hate that I have to work everyday through the week which is hindering me from diving right into the construction on my own. I have high expectations for what I want it to be and I am afraid, after seeing what type of a coop my friend who offered to help me built, that I may not get what I want. What do you do? I am supposed to get the birds on Saturday evening or on Sunday perhaps.
Here is a video on what I would like to build from youtube:
I went and bought everything to do this and so I really have high hopes.
I do not know what types of birds I am getting although I have already found the rooster and 6 hens by way of our local radio trading time broadcast. The man selling the chickens to me has banty hens and does not want to maintain these along side of the banties. He says the banty hens that he has lay green eggs.
I am following all of you and I appreciate the knowledge that you share.
Rick
thumbsup.gif

So, I never bought the adult birds. I stayed with the ones I bought as chicks from Tractor Supply and they are now doing well in a well-built coop. Today more chicks, male and female, arrived from Murray McMurray Hatchery. I am building a coop for each pair of mates. My plans are to provide a good coop to each pair and they provide me with eggs and some future chicks. Not looking for "big money" gains from all of this. Mostly, just the enjoyment of a good hobby and later some sales of chicks and eggs and some give aways. I may buy an incubator later this year if all goes well as I have planned.

Back
Top Bottom