Newbie question about viable eggs

kaybee123

Songster
6 Years
Feb 16, 2013
I candled tonight at day 3 (I know it's early but . . . ) I see the air sac area and then I see dark blobs with no veining at the top end in the air sac area. Are my eggs developing or is that the yolk sac I am seeing? These eggs came from MT and I am in FL and they were not cracked in shipment but not sure they weren't scrambled in the process. One egg I can see the dark mass move up and down depending on whether at small or large end of egg. The other ones the masses stay in he upper end whether turning large or small end.

I've looked at bazillion pics but not sure if it is yolk or development I am seeing.

Thanks!

i think you are seeing the yolk! You wont be seeing much at day 3, but you will start seeing SOMETHING at day 5 at the least. Can we see pics?

It was a mixture Purchased from someone here and the eggs are olive, blue, green, and dark brown. Some were pure Ameraucanas while others were a mixture of marans, EEs, etc.

I can't seem to get a pic up but I will work on it tonight. :). I'll just attempt to be patient until around day 7 and see what's happened then. I'm doing this with my 9 year old son so it makes it eggtra fun!

~

This one shows dark (yolk?) at the top and the saddle air sac faintly in the middle
~

Back
Top Bottom