Newbie question about viable eggs

Is it okay if an embryo and it's yolk are free floating? If I turn the egg either way, the yolk floats to the top and if on the egg's side, it floats to the top there.
Yay! I see pictures!!!!!!! Yes my tolls free float sometimes. That is so cool!!!! I bet your son is so happy!!!! That's great!

Wahoo!!! My 9 yr old son and I candled tonight at Day 4 and could see clear development in 10 eggs. The other eight are olive colored eggs or darker so we'll wait and see what's there at Day 7 before culling.

Congratulations! A lot of people don't cull dark eggs unless they are leaking or smelling. Too many people have posted on here how they thought an egg was a dud, and broke it open to find a developing chick. If you're not 100% sure, leave it in.

Congratulations! A lot of people don't cull dark eggs unless they are leaking or smelling. Too many people have posted on here how they thought an egg was a dud, and broke it open to find a developing chick. If you're not 100% sure, leave it in.
If they are dark eggs, leave them in!!!

Candled tonight at day 10 and could see development and wiggliness in 12 out of 17 eggs. :). Air cells look good. I still can't see anything in the dark eggs but they don't smell so I am hopeful! ;)

Candled tonight at day 10 and could see development and wiggliness in 12 out of 17 eggs. :). Air cells look good. I still can't see anything in the dark eggs but they don't smell so I am hopeful! ;)

Yeah! If you can track down a brighter light you might be able to see something in the darker eggs. Out of the 48 eggs I have incubating now (14 of which are Marans), the only two I can't see in are some olive eggers. They are amazingly opaque. I am using a Milwaukee 14.4 volt work light with a conical vacuum attachment duct taped on. The opening for the light is slightly bigger than a quarter, and it works great! Rechargeable, too.

Back
Top Bottom