Newbie Questions!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Haydog03, Nov 10, 2018.

1. Haydog03

Haydog03 Songster

Aug 24, 2018
    Hi! I’ve been on here for 4 months, so not “new” but I have a couple newbie questions that I have yet to figure out! What does following do? I’ve seen people comment on a threat, “Following!” So, I followed people but I never get notifications that they’ve started or updated a thread? Sorry if this isn’t where I should post it! Also, I see where it says Messages, Likes, Points, and Feedback! I have no feedback, and I was going to give feedback to other people but I can’t find where to do it. I was looking at trophies and it said Rate A Page, but when I get on threads I don’t see a Rate button!

As for introduction, hi! Not so new, but sorta-new! I’ve only had ducks for five months! Four Pekin, One Cayuga, and I had for two short months (sadly, they become aggressive so we released them into a friendly flock of wild Pekins), Two Khaki Campbells! My signature (I found out how to make a signature!) should introduce the ducks! Again, if this isn’t where I should post this, if I can delete this post, I will!

2. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Don't lie. Don't cheat your way through life.

Welcome.

Rating is for articles not threads.

Feedback is for the "sales"... When someone buys something from you.

Following a member... If you click on your "news feed" you should be able to see some of the stuff the people you follow do.

News feed can be found under your profile:
    Screenshot_20181110-141359.png

Does this help a little?

3. sourland

sourland Broody Magician

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Welcome to BYC.

4. 007Sean

007Sean Enabler

Oct 25, 2015
    South Central Texas
    Howdy :frow and Welcome to Backyard Chickens.

Thanks for joining our community! :celebrate

5. Haydog03

Haydog03 Songster

Aug 24, 2018
    Thank y’all so much!! This site is awesome! Thanks Texas Kiki! I should’ve found New Feeds myself, lol! Hidden in plain sight! Thanks again!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years.

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    It's all good. All of us went through a rookie period of adjustment. Some of us took longer than others especially if unfamiliar to computers and message boards (me) But now I can whiz around the site, even with my eyes closed (from spending all day here)- nobody seems to notice the difference :lau

7. Chick-N-Fun

Chick-N-Fun Feather & Fur Whisperer

Jun 26, 2014
    Upstate NY
    Welcome to our FUNomenal community! :ya
    :wee

8. DobieLover

DobieLover Free Ranging

Jul 23, 2018
    Apalachin, NY
    My Coop
    Hello and welcome to BYC! :frow
    You'll get the hang of navigating the site.

9. alexa009

alexa009 Free Ranging

Apr 6, 2017
    Texas
    My Coop
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: @Texas Kiki gave out great information about rating and feedback. Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

10. Haydog03

Haydog03 Songster

Aug 24, 2018
    I keep bragging about how nice everyone is! It’s such a great community helping one another! I hope I get better at the site, lol, I keep forgetting where stuff is! Texas Kiki really helped! I now see threads people commented on! I’m sorry, one last question; how do you get notifications? I always see people saying ‘sorry they missed the notification’ or that ‘they received one’. I never do? I’m on mobile on Safari!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: